• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California All grain home brewing equipment - MLT, chiller, carboy, stir plate, and more! - $380

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drgonzo2k2

Really Awesome User
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Listed this on Craigslist as well, but I'll knock $20 off the asking price for the HBT crew.

I live in Santa Cruz, CA, so would prefer local pickup; however, if you really want this stuff shipped, and are willing to pay for it that's fine by me. We just need to work out the right charges to cover boxes and other packing materials, and send me a FedEx or UPS label.

Descriptions are below, and the add on CL is here if you would like to see pictures.

I've recently completed a major overhaul to my home brewing setup, so now I'm selling some of the stuff I no longer need as I need the space! You can tell by the pictures that I take very good care of my gear. It is always cleaned with PBW and sanitized with Star San using a soft cloth, so you're going to be getting very nice gear here, not gear that's all scratched up and smells like bleach or harsh chemicals.

I'll try and be as detailed as I can describing each item, but please refer to the pictures and let me know if you have questions.

So here's what I've got:

10 Gallon & 5 Gallon Mash Tuns/Hot Liquor Tanks

I originally used the 5 gallon as my mash tun, but then began using that as my HLT when I upgraded to the 10 gallon as my mash tun.

Both coolers have copper ball valves and fittings, with 3/8" hose barbs on the outside end of the ball valve. Both coolers also have Brewer's Edge CoolView thermometers installed, and when I last tested they were accurate within 1 degree. Neither cooler has any leak whatsoever.

The 10 gallon cooler has a stainless steel domed false bottom which is connected via a stainless steel dip tube. This means there is no sort of hose on the inside to get crushed causing a stuck sparge or to come loose during mashing in. When I used the 5 gallon as my mash tun I had a braided hose attached to the inside, but I no longer have that since I use it as a HLT. If you want to make a mash tun out of it, it's about $5 worth of parts at Home Depot to add another braided hose, or you can buy the smaller false bottoms from Wilson's, More Beer, etc.

Super Efficient 8" Compact Immersion Wort Chiller & Faucet Adapter

This is the $99.99 model from More Beer. It has a garden hose adapter on one hose, and the other hose is open with no connector so you can collect the water anywhere you want. I'm also throwing in a faucet adapter in case you don't use a garden hose to connect it.

I've had a lot of luck with this chiller, and I routinely get 6 gallon batches cooled down from boiling to pitching temps in about 10 minutes.

Stir Starter Yeast Starter Stir Plate + 2L Erlenmeyer Flask

This is the stir plate that pretty much everyone buys, and it comes with a lifetime warranty, so you should have no worries buying a used one. It includes the power adapter, stir bar, and keeper magnet. I'm also including a 2L flask, so now you're all set to make stir starters for pretty much any 5 gallon batch.

6 Gallon Better Bottle Carboy with Adjustable Racking Arm Spout Assembly & Better Bottle Bung

This is the 6 gallon ported Better Bottle that includes the SimpleFlo valve, carboy adapter, and adjustable racking arm assembly. If you're not familiar with this, it's basically the $50 adjustable valve add-on for your 6 gallon better bottle.

This works really great as the Better Bottles are clear so you can easily see where to adjust the racking arm so you get all of the beer and none of the trub.

So to be clear, you get the 6 gallon carboy, racking/valve assembly, and the bung for the top of the carboy

Bayou Classic Stainless Steel False Bottom

This is a stainless steel false bottom that will fit 10 gallon kettles. It's great if you're using a kettle as a mash tun or to keep all the gunk and break material out of your fermenter after your boil. It fits both 10 gallon kettles that I have, and it'd just need a slight trim to fit a 10 gallon cooler.

NorCal Brewing Solutions Ultimate Whirlpool Paddle

This is a great little tool that fits a standard drill that you're probably already using for your grain mill. It does an amazing job of getting a whirlpool going in your kettle and can also be used in your mash tun to be absolutely sure you don't get any dough balls.

Collection of Lab/Yeast Gear

Includes the following pieces, all actual Pyrex brand glass:

500 ml Erlenmeyer Flask
250 ml Erlenmeyer Flask
100 ml Erlenmeyer Flask
2 Petri Dishes

Back