All Grain Fruit Beer Recipe Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrongCoastBrewery

Reaction score
Ahh, good ol' fruit beer. After making fun of a friend for awhile about making him a fruit beer, I am caving in. Since this is my first recipe design at a fruit beer, any opinions would be appreciated. Here is the recipe:

11lbs, 8 oz Briess Pilsner Malt
2lbs, 8oz Briess White Wheat Malt
2lbs Briess Carapils
1oz Cascade at 60 min
1oz Cascade at 5 min
0.5oz Cascade at 2 min
Wyeast American Lager (BIG starter of course)
4oz fresh blueberry puree w/ 1oz of blueberry extract to the mix

Mash in at 152F for 60 min
Batch Sparge 30 min at 165F

SG = 1.087
FG = 1.022
IBUs = 15.3
ABV = 8.52%

Yep, this is going to be a BIG beer. Thoughts?

Personal preference, but I'd take out the extract. I like to take the fruit and boil it until I can smash/mash them all and then strain through a cheese clothe (don't squeeze).

Harpoon Rasberry UFO has about 1# raspberries per gallon. I just made a gluten free ale (so not really an ale in purist tradition) with the same proportion.

Personal preference, but I'd take out the extract. I like to take the fruit and boil it until I can smash/mash them all and then strain through a cheese clothe (don't squeeze).

Harpoon Rasberry UFO has about 1# raspberries per gallon. I just made a gluten free ale (so not really an ale in purist tradition) with the same proportion.

I was actually wondering about the ration of fresh fruit to beer. Thanks man.

Back