all grain brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonToews

Reaction score
Im about to try and start my 1st all grain batch. I've been watching youtube videos and none of them put their grains in cheese cloth. Do you only do this when extract brewing or?? Sorry still kinda new.

Im about to try and start my 1st all grain batch. I've been watching youtube videos and none of them put their grains in cheese cloth. Do you only do this when extract brewing or?? Sorry still kinda new.

You wouldn't be putting your grains in a cheese cloth. All-grain brewing is about soaking your entire grain bill in most cases and extracting the sugars. You do this by using some sort of mash tun that drains the wort and leaves the grains behind. There are a few exceptions as far as "brew in a bag" but you will not be using cheese cloth to all grain brew.

Acctually in the Brew in a bag All grain method (BIAB) people do use a mesh bag to hold the grain.

Here's a video that demos it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back