All Day Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleAught

Reaction score
I brewed two 5-gal batches of a Noble Pilsner yesterday. Started at 11am, and finished around 11pm. It was an exhausting day, slept well last night! It was a great way to spend Memorial day!

I figured if I was going to take up my ferm chamber space for 6 weeks at lagering temps I might as well get a couple batches in there. I love a good noble pils, looking forward to this one!

What's a "Noble Pilsner?" Excessive flavour/aroma hops to the point of not being a Pilsner? Like an APA but with pilsner malt, lager yeast, and Saaz instead of a US hop?

10lbs of pilsen malt, 1 oz ea of Hersbrucker, Hallertau, Spalt, Tettang, Saaz. Fermented with german lager yeast.

Had a commercial version a couple years ago and it's very tasty.

I also spent a lot of my Memorial Day brewing a 5.5 gal batch. I really got to work out my IC since the air temp was 95F and I had to bring it down to 70 to pitch.

Latest posts

Back