All beer tastes sour to me lately

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safedude

Reaction score
Is this a punishment from God? The past week EVERY beer I've encountered has had a slight sour tinge to it. Even commercial beers like Miller lite. We're talking different sources... On tap, can, bottle... Is my life over? I HATE sour beer.

Being deficient in zinc can causes taste disorders.

Did I hit a sensitive note worlddivides? I'm sorry. Just my preference. Sours remind me of ball sweat.

Did I hit a sensitive note worlddivides? I'm sorry. Just my preference. Sours remind me of ball sweat.

Never tasted ball sweat, but I would imagine it's salty and not sour since sweat from other parts of the body are salty and not sour.

On a more serious subject, I do think that you might want to go to the doctor if all beers taste sour. I'm a sour beer fanatic, but even I don't want non-sour beers to taste sour.

I always eat a handful of salted peanuts and wash them down with a cold drink of water before my FIRST beer of the day. Doing this resets my taste buds to neutral.......beer always tastes great.

It's like drinking orange juice right after brushing your teeth only opposite.

Congratulations, you have the fastest acting Lactobacillus culture known to man living in your mouth.

Hah. Thanks for the advice guys. Maybe I have a cold coming on. I'm not going to the doctor because my beer tastes bad, that's silly.

Back