Ale house small brewpub equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bahed

Reaction score
I have been asked to put together some prices for a proposed combo Ale House & Brew Pub. I am needing a list of all the parts/equipment to consider. We have a former bar located with a cooler room about 30' from the bar. I would like to have 20 tap handles for craft (1/6th bbl) and non craft (Bud, et.al.) and 4 tap handles for brewed beer. I would like a 7-1/2 barrel brew system. I'd love any help you guys can provide.. Thanks,

Bret

If you are just looking for suggestions on equipment, there are quite a few manufacturers. Most of the equipment you find today is made in part or total in China. There are still some US and Canadian manufactureres that make the equipment. But, most companies source tanks and kettles from China. I have heard some nice things about the Stout 7bbl electric system. It is also only $50k turnkey. Just today, I looked at a 3bbl Stout system at a small brewpub. Glacier also has some nice individual components (MT, BK, HLT, etc) as well as turnkey systems for really reasonable prices. Probrewer is an okay place to look, but I don't really find it all that useful. It can take days, weeks, months to get an answer to a post in the forum...or you may never get a reply. There are quite a few manufacturers from China and US/Canadian distributors of Chinese equipment on that site.

I recently brewed on a 7BBL system that had an American made brewhouse and all Chinese unitanks and brites. I think the brew house was probably mostly Chinese manufactured for an American company and I will say it was super nice.

This guy in Colorado makes nice stuff for very reasonable prices. I have seen and touched one of his kettles:
http://www.forgework.com/

I think these guys also make some nice smaller systems:
http://www.bridgetownbrew.com/

Back