Alcohol.... strong alcohol.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timgman

Reaction score
I brewed some muntons wheat from lme. I split the batch in 2 mr beer kegs..
one has a strong alcohol aftertaste ... the other seems normal.

what might cause this?
this after taste is not pleasure-able.. kinda like a cheap wine or something...
might it clear up?
BTW: it's been grewing for 8 days.. using muntons dry yeist...

Too-warm fermentation temperatures can cause this, but I think the real cause is just that the beer is only 8 days old. It'll be totally different in 3 weeks.

I'm fairly certain that my fermenter mag have spiked in th mid 70's for a short period... 3 hours..I hop it's not going to be garbage.....

Ting, Ting, TIng....8 days? Go back to the Mr Beer forum and read the stuff I posted about conditioning, and patience. Don't judge your beer till it's been in a bottle for three weeks!:D

I doubt 3 hours would be enough to 'cause a huge production of fusil alcohol flavors...

How did you pitch the yeast over 2 batches? Did you mix it all in one pot, add yeast, then split the batches? Or put them in the mr beers, then pitch a half pack of yeast in each? You may have gotten a few more grain of yeast in one, and it's a little more ahead of the other...

Either way I'm pretty sure once it's gone through the bottling process, and mellowed it'll be fine.

I certainly hope so...
Thanks for the vote of confidence..
timg

I guess the worst thing would be that I'd have some crazy booze type beer..... It won't make me blind will it?
hehehehe

Reno Homebrewer said:
Nope, but it may affect your spelling. BTW, have you been drinking it recently? ;)
hehe no excuse there but being in a rush. Although, I'll bet it would destroy all capacity for spelling...

Back