Albuquerque/El Paso Brewpubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBor02

Reaction score
Hi all, I am going to be in Albuquerque and El Paso in the near future. Can anyone suggest some brewpubs and local microbrews? Thanks!

I live in El Paso and let me tell you that there is only 1 brewery/restaurant here, called Jaxons . They have one location here on the westside of town, located on mesa st., but the main one is in central, on airway street. They have pretty decent beers, i personally prefer the Pale ale they brew (and the food is pretty decent also). We also have a BJ's on the far eastside of the city, but they don't make their own beers on site.

If you are driving through, once you pass El Paso, you're going to go through Las Cruces, NM. They have a small brewery there called High Desert. I went there once about 5 years ago and remember liking their beers, but I can't comment on their current selection.

Albuquerque has a couple more breweries. I went to Chamas Brewery off of I-25. It was a nice place to visit. I had a IIPA and that was all I needed. Couldn't get too buzzed b/c I still had a long drive ahead of me.

You might want to google breweries in Albuquerque for a better idea. As far as El Paso that's all this town has to offer. Pretty sad, I know.......

If you want to know about any local bars, restaurants, or whatever, let me know. I can probably give a few recommendations for you.

On your way between Albuquerque and El Paso, you can stop by Tractor Brewing / Ribs Restaurant in Los Lunas, NM which is 20 miles south of Albuquerque. They brew on premisis and if one of the brewing folks are there, they will gladly give you a tour of the brewhouse. http://www.getplowed.com/

In Albuquerque, check out Chama River Brewing http://www.chamariverbrewery.com/index.php

Back