Alaskan Summer Kolsch Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdahoSpud

Reaction score
Hi everyone. N00b brewer here - also first post.

The wife really likes Alaskan Summer Kolsch, and I like ALL beer (except Coors).

I used the search function and didn't have much luck with finding a good extract Clone recipe.

One of the things I find frustrating about many of these Clone threads is they usually end with something like "Thanks, I'll try that."

If there is a follow-up, it will say "Not what I was after, but it was good."

So, a lot of times, you never get an idea how the finished beer missed the mark in a side-by side taste test, so that you can improve on the Clone recipe.

OK, with that little complaint out of the way, I am interested getting ideas from experienced brewers on what an extract recipe for Alaskan Summer might look like. And when I finish making it, I promise to post the results on this thread in a side-by side test!:mug:

Hey thanks for that! For some reason I didn't see that thread when I searched. Thanks also for the welcome aboard.

BTW I live not far from Gonzaga. CDA area.

Back