Alaskan Bush People

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZCoolerBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I think everyone knows that Alaskan Bush People didn’t really grow up off the grid, but I think the most telling fact is that they never build a brewery.
IMG_1298.JPG

I watch it...it's entertaining in a non-fatal car wreck kind of way. "Let's see what these idiots getting up to this week..."

Being from Alaska, I’m ashamed of all the un”reality” shows from here. They are all stupid and fake.

I can watch certain Alaska bush "reality" shows in small doses.

All reality shows get repetitive, but these in particular get repetitive really quickly. It gets particularly frustrating when they're actually working on a project that is new or comes up very infrequently and you want to see how it works but the crew insists they talk about why they're doing it or what it means to them and the answers are so obvious a 2nd grader could understand.

That doesn't apply to the dumbest project I've ever seen one of these people take up. I think I saw someone try to make a mechanical bull that wasn't powered by electricity.

Saw an ad for an upcoming episode with an even dumber project: bug zapper top hat ‍♂️

Saw an ad for an upcoming episode with an even dumber project: bug zapper top hat ‍♂️
I dunno, man. I worked at a salmon cannery on the north side of Kodiak Island one summer in college and there were these little flies that swarmed around your head by the thousands if the wind wasn't blowing. They had no respect - eyes, nose, ears, and mouth were all fair game and regularly violated (like multiple times a minute). I'd find them in my beard hours after the last time I'd been outside. However, if you raised a hand above your head, they'd go for that instead; they were more about going after the highest part of your body than going after your head specifically. Therefore, a tall hat (like a top hat) with a built-in bug zapper seems like it would actually do wonders against those little bastards. Then again, the typical solution to the problem was just a hat with a mosquito net that cinched around your neck so the flies couldn't get in, so building a bug-zapper hat to solve a problem that's already been solved more simply and effectively is a bit ridiculous.

I've always figured it was fake just because of all the mistakes and screwups. Nobody could have as much bad luck as these people. Without it, there's no drama. Let's see: people shooting at them and making them move, sunken boat, new (used) boat that has holes in it, bears destroying everything....at some point, wouldn't you question your intelligence just a bit if this stuff just kept happening to you?

Back