Ohio Akron, Ohio area homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Cleveland near the airport, but work in Medina. Get all my supplies at Vine N Hop in Brunswick. I'm lucky to pass it everyday on my commute. Worth the trip regardless of your location!

Label Peelers in Ravenna they have good prices on their grains and hops.I save on shipping costs because I’ll go pick it up only 20 minutes away

I'm in Cleveland near the airport, but work in Medina. Get all my supplies at Vine N Hop in Brunswick. I'm lucky to pass it everyday on my commute. Worth the trip regardless of your location!
I just went to Vine N Hop yesterday to get some yeast. I never knew it was there and it's a pretty easy drive for me. I'll definitely be going back.

I've been wanting to check out Label Peelers too but it's a bit of a drive.

Well, you piqued my interest in vine and hop. I'll have to check it out. I've hit up label peelers 3 or 4 times, saves money not having it shipped. They usually have what I'm looking for. I ordered from ritebrew.com last for an exact recipe of grain, that was kinda handy, guess my next purchases will have to be from vine and hop and grape and grainary. Thanks for everyone's input

I live in Solon area. Grape and Granary has a great selection of grains to choose from. They are fairly convenient. Occasionally I pick up grain from Cleveland Brew Shop on Lorain in Cleveland. It depends on what area of town I'm in on that day. If you're picky about yeast, Grape and Granary carries Wyeast as well as White Labs and others. Cleveland Brew Shop carries White Labs and I think Omega as well as the dry brands.

Good Luck.

I went up to the Cleveland Brew Shop yesterday since I'm off work this week. I'd never been there before but wanted to check it out. Not a big selection of equipment but the guy working was very friendly and it seemed like a pretty cool place.

I went up to the Cleveland Brew Shop yesterday since I'm off work this week. I'd never been there before but wanted to check it out. Not a big selection of equipment but the guy working was very friendly and it seemed like a pretty cool place.
Yeah they're nice people. Their cat, Saaz, is really nice also.

I am from Valley City(just outside of Brunswick).

Between Cleveland brew shop and Hop & Vine I like hop and vine the best so far. Both have great service and friendly peps, just Hop and Vine is closer and has more of a selection and also they stock more quantities. Last brew i had to go to both places because clev brew shop was sold out of some grains i needed.

One other place i just discovered is West Branch Malts - Ohio grown malts https://www.westbranchmalts.com/our-malts/
I have not been there but I am want to check them out. Has anyone purchased grain from them??? Share your comments.

Vine N Hop carries West Branch and I've bought it a few times with great experience! My current New Albion Pale Ale clone I have on tap uses their Pale malt. I haven't actually purchased directly from West Branch though.

I picked up a bag of West Branch pilsner from Vine N Hop when I was out there a couple weeks ago. First batch is still in primary so, haven't been able to taste it yet.

I took a drive out to Label Peelers yesterday since I had the day off work. It's kind of far for me but it looked like they carry a lot of stuff from looking at their website. I was a bit surprised to find that it was just a warehouse and they don't really have a storefront anymore. They said that most of their business is mail order and maintaining a retail store lost them money. They don't stock a lot of the stuff that is on their site but can have it in store within 24 hours. The guy working was really friendly and he let me wander around the warehouse picking out stuff that I wanted. I was happy to see that they still had a few pallets of refurbished ball lock kegs for $40. I also picked up a sack of Avangard 2 row (read mixed opinions on this one, anyone use it before?) since they were out of Briess and a couple pounds of hops.

I'll probably opt for going to Vine N Hop in the future since it's much closer and they have a pretty nice selection but, Label Peelers might be a nice option if I want to place a large order online and pick it up to save on shipping.

I'm a bit west of ya, but I'm in Lorain and enjoy messing up (and occasionally nailing) a home brew or two! lol

Also, if any of you are interested (not trying to hijack the thread), here's a link to a home brew competition I'm overseeing at a local beer festival this summer.

If any of you is interested in being a part of it, I'm the guy to talk to!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...front-district-2019-home-brew-brewoff.666025/

~Nabs~

Just an update to let others in this area know that 'Vine N Hop' has moved from Brunswick to Medina, and is now located inside the Buehler's/Ace_Hardware store located on River Styx Road, at the intersection of River Styx and RT-18.

Hi fellow Buckeye brewers. I'm from Ravenna. I'm looking for a Blichman top tier stand if anyone knows of one for sale.

I can throw a rock and hit label peelers from my place. But I use grape and granary a lot also. Some great prices at label peelers.

I’m further west, near Berlin Heights, 1/2 mile from Quarry Hill Winery. Home Brew Ohio in Sandusky is a really good store, it has grown and moved twice to larger locations, with online sales being most of their business and some free shipping deals. Label Peelers has great prices and good shipping rates. Lately I have made more wine than beer.

I’m further west, near Berlin Heights, 1/2 mile from Quarry Hill Winery. Home Brew Ohio in Sandusky is a really good store, it has grown and moved twice to larger locations, with online sales being most of their business and some free shipping deals. Label Peelers has great prices and good shipping rates. Lately I have made more wine than beer.

My wifes family is in Berlin Heights and my family is close by as well. Home brew Ohio sold me my first homebrew kit!

When Mike opened the store in that little shopping center, I was so glad to have a local store. He has come a long way, expanding the business. I used to drive to Westlake to buy beer ingredients and equipment. Mike has a great selection.

Parma Ohio here..
Either CBS or Grape n Grainery
Depends what I need, both great LHBS's

Resurrecting this thread. I'm from Wooster. I used to make the drive to Akron for Grape and Granary. I would order online and just pick it up which was convenient but the 40 minute drive was not.

I started going to Vine & Hop once I discovered it had moved to Medina. I do the same thing there where I order online and pick it up but it's only about a 30 minute drive for me which is a little more convenient.

I also have 2 kids who swim at CSU so I've been wanting to check out CBS when we're up in C'town!

BTW, I've been using both West Branch Pale and Pilsner and I am extremely happy with their grains!!!

Back