Airlock question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HippieCrack

Reaction score
Hey, I'm missing the middle piece of the airlock and my batch is cooling down right now so what should I do? :mug:

Do you have any tubing? If so I'd try and rig up a blow off tube. Otherwise I would just put the cap on the airlock and use it like normal. Unfortunately you won't be able to see any bubble though. Hopefully someone with more experience comes along and helps.

Stick a piece of foil over the top or just rig a blowoff until you can get another airlock.

A piece of foil over the top? I have the cap, I don't have the piece inside there but I can't find the tubing I was going to use for a blowoff so I'm kind of screwed on that option so any other ideas would be helpful.

A piece of foil over the top? I have the cap, I don't have the piece inside there but I can't find the tubing I was going to use for a blowoff so I'm kind of screwed on that option so any other ideas would be helpful.

I wasn't talking about the top of the airlock. I was talking about the top of the carboy/BB.

A film canister (who has THOSE anymore) or a small paint container like for kids paints will work in a pinch.

Back