Airlock fell into carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First off, hello, this is my first brew and first post.

After noticing there wasn't enough water in my airlock, I pulled it off, the plastic piece that is, refilled and pushed it back into the center hole. I pushed too hard and the foamy rubberish holder went through the hole and into my wort. My neighbor had an extra airlock for me to borrow so I used that. The original is still floating in the wort.

Will this kill my beer? I steralized it first. Fermentation has started and is in it's vigorours 3rd day.

I think we should do a poll on this- I did the same thing in one of my first brews. I bought another one of those rubber grommets, and it never happened again.

By the way, what I do now is usually put the airlock in the lid, and then put the lid on the bucket. Sounds too easy, but it took me a while to think of it. :D

Lorena

See my post. I just did the exact same thing. However, got very lucky and on the first pass with my sanitized spoon I scooped it off the bottom. :rockin:

Did this on saturday, did not have another 0-ring so, got out the caulking gun and sealed it up with silicon! ...had been drinking ;)

...going to be messy getting the airlock off. looks good though - it is leaning at 45 degrees - which is where I think I was leaning at time :D

i pushed in my bunge (sp?) and it fell into my gingerbread ale primary. i fished for it with sanitized rubber gloves and a spoon for about 20 minutes before i found that little bastard. beer came out great though!!!!

Back