airation equpiment maintance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbaa

I prefer 23383
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK just been wondering about this. Currently I am using a airpump and 2micron air stone to get the O2 into my beer prior to fermentation. I boil my stainless air stone for about 10 minutes prior to use and sanatize my air lines that will be anywhere between the hepa filter and the air stone, BUT . . . .

What about that hepa filter? Should I be sanatizing that thing as well and if so how?

If it's one of those inline disc filters, this is what B3 has to say...

"The filter should never get wet, so don't try and sanitize it by dunking it in sanitizer. If you want to clean the outside of it, use Alpet D2. To store the filter, use a little tinfoil on the "In" of the filter and store in a zip-lock bag."

trinitone said:
If it's one of those inline disc filters, this is what B3 has to say...

"The filter should never get wet, so don't try and sanitize it by dunking it in sanitizer. If you want to clean the outside of it, use Alpet D2. To store the filter, use a little tinfoil on the "In" of the filter and store in a zip-lock bag."

yup thats the one, okies tinfoil and ziplock works for me, alreayd keep it in a ziplock freezer bag

Back