Air lock blew off - stuff all over the place

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tah

Reaction score
So I came home last night and checked on my beer that I brewed on Saturday. Looks like the yeast/foam clogged the airlock and blew the thing off, and there was a bunch of residue all over the top.

I had the fermented in a couple of stacked storage bins, at the time to block the light, but now I'm pretty sure it prevented a huge mess.

Anyway I've found answers to if the airlock gets foam in it, it should still be fine. But after loosing 1/4-3/4 cup of "stuff" should my brew still be salvageable?

Thanks in advance,

2nd batch nOOB

Just keep on truckin'. I've had it happen and the beer turned out fine. Most likely you are okay but you might want to sneak a sample later on to make sure it doesn't taste sour or off-flavor.

Did you get pictures?

I really like seeing the mess. (That sounds kinda raunchy, doesn't it :'0 )

I wish I would have taken a picture, but was more worried about trying to get it sealed up again. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the re assurance!

Kilted Brewer said:
I'm with you...I like to see the "gore"
Maybe we need to petition for a, pardon the title here, "Beer Bukkake" section in the gallery just for these events.

ma2brew said:
Maybe we need to petition for a, pardon the title here, "Beer Bukkake" section in the gallery just for these events.

"Beer Bukkake"....so wrong and so funny all at the same time.

Back