air in line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougbo

Reaction score
I'm new to kegging..I've got 7 ft. of beer line. The fridge is about 35 degrees. I set my regulator at 12psi, hooked it to the gas inlet on my first corny and shook it for about 15 min. Let it sit in the fridge for about 4 days. Hooked up the beer line and was drawing a nice IPA with about 1 inch of head. Did the same thing with a stout on a second tap with the same results. After the IPA was gone I hooked up another IPA. I messed with the regulator some in the transition (changing the psi.around) Got it back to 12psi. but ever since I messed with it I'm getting about 1/2 glass of foam from the full corny of IPA and the 1/2 full corny of stout is giving me a 1/2 glass of foam as well (they feed off the same regualtor.) I've get a few bubbles that settle in the beer line near the inlet on both cornies.

How do I get the thing back to balance?

Does 7 ft. at 35 degrees at 12 psi. sound ok?

That sounds just about right without doing the math. It will take a while for your beer too rid itself of that C02 - it's not like it's instant when you turn it down.

Also, make sure you release the extra pressure in the kegs

I thought so..however, when I was messing with the regulator, if I over carbed the beer..would co2 be coming out of solution and going up the beer line, thus the bubbles...should I bleed off the head space, let it sit, do it a couple times more to try to get back to 12 psi?

Back