AIH Clearance Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodTruble

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know some sites claim to have "clearance" sales or sections that aren't all that significant. But AIH added a clearance sale on the main page this weekend that has some really good deals. Really random, but some things are 50-80% off

Last edited:
They have a clearance section in the store now too, the last couple times I've been there there have been a number of kettles and other bulky items I don't see on that page. If you're in the area its probably worth checking out. Ann Arbor was cleaner and better organized last week than it has been since they moved the warehouse there. It seemed well stocked. I suspect the new ownership is starting to make some real changes. Taylor is no longer listed as a location and assume its permanently closed (as I have assumed since it didn't reopen with Ann Arbor in 2020.) I also don't see the old About Us page with the company history. I really hope they aren't just going to turn it into a clone of Northern Brewer like Midwest Supplies.

The Ann Arbor store is closed permanently now too. They went completely online only now. I was disappointed to hear that as they were the only decent home brew store around me.

Too bad, I like them before Austin Homebrew bought them out. Bought my Alpha Ruby from them and tons of stainless parts, kegs (and more kegs), kettles, etc.

I stopped the day Austin Homebrew bought them though.

My opinion of this site has gone rapidly downhill. Input an order on 3/31 and STILL waiting..(just some grain and a bag of hops)

I know why, but don't understand why I had to reach out to ask.

This is why I quit using them when Austin bought them. They really went downhill, fast. When they were just in Ohio, they were fantastic, never an issue. I only had issues with Austin when they moved and Pat finally got the hint that nobody liked her. When they were in the industrial area, they were good too, but someone bought them up and ruined both stores.

Their transition to the new system cancelled my account and the points I had accrued. They say they will get it fixed, but it's disappointing that this wasn't planned for.

Time to get with the 2000's. The internet and online shopping are not going away. I like my LHBS and use it a lot, but not everybody has one 5 minutes down the road.
Yep. My “local” store is now about a 2 hour drive. Places closed up last couple years and its not getting better. “Local” stores were already having a hard time due to giant online retailers with free shipping, homebrew club bulk purchases, etc. And its a little niche of a hobby, believe it or not. You see a pizza shop on every corner because everybody eats pizza. The number of people who homebrew is tiny by comparison.

I have to get most of my stuff by mail. I drive the 2 hours once or twice a year to get grain sacks and bulky things that aren’t easy to mail.

By all means, support your local shop if you are lucky enough to still have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back