Ahtanum Pale Ale - dry hopping advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcHokie

Reaction score
I brewed up a modified version of AHS' Ahtanum Pale Ale PM recipe:

3 lb 2-row
8 oz crystal 60
8 oz carapils
4 lbs extra light DME
1 oz Ahtanum @ 60
1 oz Amarillo & .5 oz Ahtanum @ 15
1 oz Amarillo & .5 oz Ahtanum @ 5
washed Wy1056 cake, OG 1.058

I'll dry hop w/ 1-2 ozs and I have a bunch of the following on hand:
centennial, fuggle, summit, crystal, n brewer, simcoe, warrior, cascade

Sooo peanut gallery, any dry hopping suggestions??

I'd want to taste what you have done so far and decide at that point. Generally however I like to dry hop with hops already in the beer unless I am not liking how it turned out. I like Simcoe as a dry hop but it usually takes center stage and the rest of the hops fade out for me. YMMV !

I'd want to taste what you have done so far and decide at that point. Generally however I like to dry hop with hops already in the beer unless I am not liking how it turned out. I like Simcoe as a dry hop but it usually takes center stage and the rest of the hops fade out for me. YMMV !

mayhaps i'll split this batch up and just dry hop half of her

I'll dry hop w/ 1-2 ozs and I have a bunch of the following on hand:
centennial, fuggle, summit, crystal, n brewer, simcoe, warrior, cascade

Sooo peanut gallery, any dry hopping suggestions??

I recently made an all-ahtanum blonde ale that is awesome... errrr, WAS awesome. Dry hop with them.

I've never used Ahtanum hops before, but I recently used Warrior as a bittering hop and I was impressed. Very clean, sharp bittering. Maybe bump an oz of Ahtanum @ 60 min in exchange for Warrior and instead use that 1 oz of Ahtanum for dry hopping?

I've never used Ahtanum hops before, but I recently used Warrior as a bittering hop and I was impressed. Very clean, sharp bittering. Maybe bump an oz of Ahtanum @ 60 min in exchange for Warrior and instead use that 1 oz of Ahtanum for dry hopping?

this was my first time w/ Ahtanum too, buy they were gentle.

I brewed this batch last week, but based on the feedback I'm going to pick up some addl Ahtanums for the other half of the batch

Latest posts

Back