AHS Sour Ginger Peach Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrooze

Reaction score
I picked up a Mini Mash version of this kit and brewed last night. It was bubbling quite nicely this morning. I'll post back in a few weeks once this one is done, but I agree it sounds awesome.

I just ordered this as well. Should be here in a couple days :) Ill let you know how it turns out..... I do have to agree though when i was looking for a beer i saw this and thought of how great this beer sounds. Lets hope it tastes as good.

I just ordered this as well. Should be here in a couple days :) Ill let you know how it turns out..... I do have to agree though when i was looking for a beer i saw this and thought of how great this beer sounds. Lets hope it tastes as good.

Excellent! What type of kit did you get? Extract, mini-mash, all-grain? What yeast did you order with it?

I got the Persica Ale yeast along with this kit. I transferred to the secondary last Sunday, as there was a lot of ginger floating around in the primary and this will be my first time kegging so I want it to be as clear as possible. The FG reading coming out of the primary was spot on at 1.012. I sampled it and so far, so good. I'll wait until next Sunday to add the peach flavoring and keg.

Sorry it took so long. I ordered the mini bit the regular one came. Not sure if they have mini mash in this one. Just cooked it and put it in the primary. Everything looks really good. Nice color and flavor. The peach flavor gets added at bottling however. Going to secondary next week. Ill keep you posted. :)

I kegged this one on Sunday, and its just about finished carbing. This is turning out nicely, the snap from the ginger balances nicely with the sweet from the peach, and it has an overall clean finish. This is a refreshing summer beer that I think will end up gone quite quickly.

Awesome. I am going to order it tomorrow night (if I order it right now there is a chance its going to sit in a 100+ degree UPS distribution center all weekend.). This is definitely going to be my next brew.

Now I'm REALLY interested in this one. Can one of you post the types and quantities of malts/hops/yeast, etc? If AHS made this recipe part of their Advanced Recipe Kits, I'd go for it, but when I've got ~100# of grain at home, I can't justify buying more just to get a hold of a recipe.

Thanks!

:off: I know, but I thought I'd chime in and give AHS props for their Orange Creamsicle Ale too. The only modification I did was add the juice and zest of an entire orange, plus an alc boost. It was the first kicked keg at a recent party.

The reason I say this is because i had to pick between the Sour Ginger Peach Ale or the Creamsicle Ale for the party. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

OK everyone!!!! i got it bottled last night... Had a few tastes as it was being bottled... Some happened to fall in my cup. It tastes awesome to this point and it was not carbonated and it was warm. So far so good. I post results when its done. :)

Now I'm REALLY interested in this one. Can one of you post the types and quantities of malts/hops/yeast, etc? If AHS made this recipe part of their Advanced Recipe Kits, I'd go for it, but when I've got ~100# of grain at home, I can't justify buying more just to get a hold of a recipe.

Thanks!

It's generally bad form to give away a recipe a business has put time, energy & passion into creating.

It's generally bad form to give away a recipe a business has put time, energy & passion into creating.

Ummm, why's that? I guess it's bad form for Midwest Supplies and Northern Brewer to freely provide every recipe they've created... Anyways, not saying they owe it to anyone to post their recipes anywhere but its not like the recipes are all that extravagent. Also, if you actually read the first post, you can see that all I'm asking for is the amount of acid malt included in the recipe. Gee, thats not at all a full recipe. Hmmm. Maybe you should actually read the whole first post before posting silly remarks. :mug:

Regardless, I purchase quite a bit from AHS and feel they're one of the best online sources for fresh ingredients and innovative marketing lines. I LOVE how they now offer "advanced brewer kits" for those who buy their base malts in bulk. They also offer "(sm)all-grain kits" to brew 1 gallon batches. How great is that?!

No problem! I actually just transfered this one a couple of days ago, and the acid malt is not very prevalent. Not sure if it will come out more in bottles or if there just isn't enough in the recipe? If I brewed it again I would probably use another .5lbs.

No problem! I actually just transfered this one a couple of days ago, and the acid malt is not very prevalent. Not sure if it will come out more in bottles or if there just isn't enough in the recipe? If I brewed it again I would probably use another .5lbs.

Yea, half a pound doesn't seem like very much to call it a "sour" ginger peach beer. When I did my take on the recipe I sour worted for 24 hours. Made it a bit too tart in my mind... Next time I'd probably just up the acid malt to about 1-1.5lb and skip the sour worting. :)

Back