AHS SNPA Clone recipe question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

ohill1981

Reaction score
I am brewing this clone as we speak and i just added the Perle Hops. I am planning on adding the 1.oz of cascade hops for the last 15 and the recipe says 1/2oz aroma for the last 0 minutes? Does this mean i am suppose to dry hop that half oz of Cascade's? I also purchased an oz of Crystal hops i was planning on dry hopping just to give this a little more hoppy aroma.... Can someone tell me should i just add all the cascade hops during the boil and just dry hop the Crystal? Or dry hop the Crystal and the 1/2oz of Cascade?

BioBeing

Reaction score
At 0 minutes means at flame out. Turn off the burner, add the hops and start chilling, all at the same time.

Says this noob.

BarleyWater

Reaction score
Put it in right when you turn off the flame. The hot wort will extract a lot that dry hopping won't, but without the boiling it will preserve a lot of the aroma properties.

OP
ohill1981

ohill1981

Reaction score
Ok thanks, but do you think the Addition of Dry hopping the 1oz Crystal hops will be over doing the hops? Normaly i do not think a SNPA has a ton of aroma more bitter than aroma. I was looking to give it more Aroma/ Flavor with the Crystal dry hopping... I was not sure if it would be too much or not