AHS Rogue Chocolate stout clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jourelemode

Reaction score
anyone here try making this before? how did you like it if you have and how is the body on it?

I'm planning on ordering it this weekend so I can brew up a new batch of beer this coming week, i've got nothing in primary now since I just bottled up my cascadian dark ale.

oh yeah, I got this leftover booster from a mr beer kit thats maybe 7 months old that i think ill add to get the abv up 1%. But since i'm going to do that, I was thinking it might get too dry and thin bodied so maybe i'll add 1lbs of lactose to it. Is that a good amount or is it too much. this will be a 5gallon batch.

never done a stout before or used lactose so i'm wondering when I should add it and how will it affect the OG and SG.

thanks guys!

IMO boosters are not they way to go. I have only just them twice, but the results were enough to make me not use them again.

Granted that was before I was controlling my fermentation temps but I attributed the hot alcohol taste the the booster.

IMO boosters are not they way to go. I have only just them twice, but the results were enough to make me not use them again.

Granted that was before I was controlling my fermentation temps but I attributed the hot alcohol taste the the booster.

yeah me too but i got it here and wanted to get rid of it. My last brew was a cascadian dark ale which is in the bottles now priming. I used a alcohol booster from AHS and it tastes awesome to me. You think the effect from the mr. beer booster will be similar? thanks

The AHS booster is the only booster I've used. If you like the result after using the booster I say rock on.

Personally I support Rogue like some people do with football teams. I would not tweak a recipe of theirs.

Back