AHS kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnevoodoo

Reaction score
I was drinking a Fuller's London Porter the other day and instantly realized I wanted to make it myself. I looked on the AHS website and saw they have a kit for it.

My questions are: When you buy the kit, do they give you a grain and hops breakdown so you can enter them into beersmith? And what efficiency is assumed in these kits iff I am buying milled all-grain?

thanks.

Yep. I believe Austin Homebrew assumes 70% efficiency, and they do send you an ingredient breakdown, though you'll have to figure out your target IBU on your own.

Yup = you get one bag with all the grain mixed and instructions with all ingredients.

Good instructions - only thing that is default is priming sugar which is ALWAYS 4.5oz so you might want to research that a little - could be a little much for a porter.

Yup = you get one bag with all the grain mixed and instructions with all ingredients.

Good instructions - only thing that is default is priming sugar which is ALWAYS 4.5oz so you might want to research that a little - could be a little much for a porter.

I keg! not an issue. :)

Back