AHS Guinness Draught Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeyes

Reaction score
I brewed this a week ago. Just curious if I should just keep it in primary until bottling or rack to secondary.

There are a couple of camps on this - some use secondaries some don't. I used to rack into a secondary, but I'm lazy and transfering the brew takes time I sometimes don't have.

I let it sit in the primary until the SG tells me its ready to bottle. Usually less than 2 weeks - there are some who go much longer and have excellent results.

Don't stress - a couiple of weeks in the primary and then a few in the bottle and you'll be good to go.

There are a couple of camps on this - some use secondaries some don't. I used to rack into a secondary, but I'm lazy and transfering the brew takes time I sometimes don't have.

I let it sit in the primary until the SG tells me its ready to bottle. Usually less than 2 weeks - there are some who go much longer and have excellent results.

Don't stress - a couiple of weeks in the primary and then a few in the bottle and you'll be good to go.

I'm using wyeast irish ale 1084 and fermenting tempature is about 62 degrees. According to the Wyeast site it should be 'Temperature Range: 62-72F, 16-22C'. Is that too cool or right where I should be for this yeast?

Back