Quantcast

AHS Greenbelt Pale Ale

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

knotquiteawake

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone made this yet? I know some people were testing the Greenbelt yeast but I was wondering about this new kit AHS has out.
I've been wanting to brew a pale ale and a PM kit sounds good to me. Its either this or Yooper's House Ale or Beecave Brewery's House Ale. Something like that.

Slowfro

Reaction score
I brewed Yooper's House Ale a few weeks ago, just bottled it last night and it was great. I'd recommend it. I can't wait for the bottles to carb up so I can line 'em up and knock 'em down.

petey_c

Reaction score
knotquiteawake, I'll be bottling my holiday ale today when I get home (I'm at work 10p - 8a). That'll free up a fermenter (fermentor, fermen-tator?). I have to wait until after the day Thanksgiving. I'll post how brew day goes....

OP
knotquiteawake

knotquiteawake

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brewed the greenbelt APA on the 20th, its still in the primary right now because I just got back from vacation lastnight. I'll be transferring to secondary tonight or tomorrow for dryhopping. Things have been pretty smooth so far, it looks pretty good, I haven't tried any yet or done any gravity readings. I'll take care of it during the transfer.

ibbones

Reaction score
I'm drinking a glass or two every night. I LOVE it. Has a citrus type flavor and goes down really smooth.
I will do a 10 gallon batch next time.

petey_c

Reaction score
All I can say is wow! Had my first GPA last night. Great taste, great hoppy aroma... I brewed this 11/27 with the Out-Laws (SWIMBO's mom and dad). Screwed up the hops schedule a little, but wow what a great beer. I'm tempted to have one now but, it is 0755 and I have to go see some town officials later this morning. I don't think they'd appreciate my fondness for this beer.

D_Struct

Reaction score
I wanted to chime in on this recipe, as I kegged mine just under 2 weeks ago after leaving it in the conical for about a month. I dry hopped it after the 3rd week.

I had my first pint earlier this week, to check out how it was progressing.

WOW.

It was smooth, had a really crisp flavor, with very slight pine notes. Hop flavor and aroma was right on point, and maybe even leaning more toward an IPA rather than a simple pale ale.

I really couldn't be happier with the way it turned out, and it's gotten a big thumbs up from one of my hophead friends.