AHS Greenbelt IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgull

Reaction score
just curious for some feedback on my idea. i brewed up this recipe a while back and it was the fastest drank batch i've had. i'm ready to try it again but i want to change it up a bit. the original recipe calls for the following hop schedule:
1oz zythos-boil 10.9%
.75oz falconers flight-15min 11.4%
.5oz zythos-15min
.25oz falconers-5min
.5oz zythos-5min
1oz zythos-dryhop
i want to kick up bitterness and aroma so i'm thinking this might be better
1oz falconers-boil
2oz zythos-15 min
1oz falconers-5min
1oz zythos-5min
1oz zythos-dryhop
any suggestions or comments appreciated. btw these are the hops i already own but i could buy something else if needed.

the rest of the recipe is 1lb crystal, 1/2lb 2 row, 8lb extra pale lme, and 1lb lme

i've tried finding a beer calculator that i can put this hop schedule into but i can't find one that lists the falconers or the zythos. if anyone has any thoughts it would be appreciated.

If you want it more bitter, you need to add more to the 60 minute addition. Have you looked at the hopville beer calculus?

when i tried hopville, i got a 404 error but it seems to be working now. concerning the bittering i reversed the falconers and zythos because the alpha acids are higher on the falconers. would this not increase bitterness? i'll punch it all into the calculator now. thanks

1 oz zythos-60 min
1 oz zythos-30 min
1 oz falconers flight-15min
1 oz zythos-15min
1 oz falconers flight-0min
1 oz zythos-0min
2 oz falconers flight-dryhop
1 oz zythos-dryhop

Back