AHS Double Chocolate Stout

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Caboose

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone used the extract kit from AHS? I ordered it Friday and it is supposed to be in tomorrow and I wanted to see before I start I wanted to see if anyone had made it first off and if you altered it in anyway?

ptakers

Reaction score
I made the AG version of this a few months ago. Pretty good stout but completely absent of any chocolate flavor.

rearview

Reaction score
I just brewed an extract batch of this last week. I can't wait for it to be ready. Sadly it will be at least another month to condition, bottle, and carbonate/condition more.

C-Rider

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Never did, but I did have some of Yard House's Double Chocolate Coffe Stout and it's a beer to KILL for! Man that was good. I hope my Cinco De Mayo Stout is at least close to it.

KCBigDog

Reaction score
I have the AG version in primary right now. I added a pound of lactose to make it a double chocolate milk stout. I'm a little worried about it right now. Fermented strong for a couple days and stopped completely.

D_Nyholm

Reaction score
If it is anything like a Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, it has to be tasty!

WhiskeySix

Reaction score
I brewed the extract version last year. I did add an extra oz of chocolate at flame out. I then added an oz of Creme de Cacao to the primary. Turned out great. Chocolate flavor is subtle but noticeable.

WhineinAlbany

Reaction score
I'm bottling the extract version using the dry yeast (Munton's) this weekend. When I transferred to the secondary, it smelled wonderful! I love the Young's Double Chocolate Stout, so hoping for the best!