AHA Sactioned Event Coming to Utah!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, I'd heard through my club (ZZ Hops) that they were considering holding a comp. Looks like it's a go. It'll be cool to have another BJCP comp in the state even if it isn't open to all styles. That's probably a good thing though, because limiting styles and the $20 entry fee might help keep the entries down a bit. I've helped with the Beehive Brewoff and logistically it's a pretty big undertaking (last year they had about 600 entries). Numbers like that could be a bit overwhelming to a first time organizer.

Nice, I'd heard through my club (ZZ Hops) that they were considering holding a comp. Looks like it's a go. It'll be cool to have another BJCP comp in the state even if it isn't open to all styles. That's probably a good thing though, because limiting styles and the $20 entry fee might help keep the entries down a bit. I've helped with the Beehive Brewoff and logistically it's a pretty big undertaking (last year they had about 600 entries). Numbers like that could be a bit overwhelming to a first time organizer.

OT

How big is that club? Biggest in Utah by a fair margin I'm guessing?

Is it closed to new members (ones who share, even)?

Gameface said:
OT

How big is that club? Biggest in Utah by a fair margin I'm guessing?

Is it closed to new members (ones who share, even)?

I don't know that if it's the biggest...I think we're probably in the 30-50 member range but not everyone shows up to every meeting. It's a great group though.

It's open to pretty much anyone. You don't have to share, but I'd recommend it. It's a great way to get objective feedback.

We used to be really focused on the AHA's Club-only Competitions, but now that the AHA has done away with them, we're going to be changing things up a bit.

If you're interested, there's some info including contact info on our website, http://www.zzhops.org/p/join-us.html?m=0

Back