aging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowmax10

Reaction score
So i just started kegging my beer, my old system was 1 week in the primary, 2 - 3 weeks in the secondary and 3 - 4 weeks in bottles

my question is how does that change for kegs? How long should it be in the secondary and how long should it sit in the keg before i drink it??

Thanks

theres no absolutes in beer brewing. I leave mine carbing in keg at serving preasure for one week to a week and a half, then i let it sit for another week or so and then i drink. its going to age over time anyway so i can experience the beer over the course of weeks or many months.

as for secondary. if my beer has a poorly floculant yeast, i will secondary to clear and then keg, or leave in primary for double or tripple the time required to clear.

good advise scinerd3000. Experiment, fill the pipeline with similar ales and find what is right for you... The Joys of home brewing

Back