Aging in the keg in the fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cammyg

Reaction score
Hey guys! Successful kegged beer for the first time today. Just wondering, will my beer still improve in flavour and what not if I leave it in my fridge, 40F? Also, I have to be putting my co2 tank in the fridge as well. Seems like that is an okay thing to do, the tank just won't stay filled as long?

I have been though 10 kegs now plus purges .my beer always gets better and better .It always sucks because the last beer is always the best .

The warmer the beer is, the faster it will age. So if you store your keg in the 40°F freezer, it will age much slower than if it is stored at room temp. Depending on the style and the length you are trying to age will determine which method is best for you. For instance for my stouts I age at room temp for several months. For more hoppy beers I age in the keezer as it will help preserve the hop aroma longer.

Back