AG recipe/step question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmmmbeer

Reaction score
Ok, I found a recipe on here that I waned to try but for the life of me I can't find the original post for the recipe. I thought I saved the recipe and the steps (mainly need what temp it said to mash at for this one and what temp to add the first water at, ie. heat water to 170F and the mash temp will end up being 153F etc.). I pluged it into my brewsmith but it didn't give me that information... So, here is the recipe and what I do know...

6lb 2 row
3lb US Wheat (LHBS didn't have White Wheat)
1lb flaked oats
1lb flacked wheat

.5oz tettnang (60 min boil)(LHBS was out of hallertauer)
.5 oz Cascade (10 min boil)
.5 oz Cascade (3 min boil)

1pk Safale American US-05

Does mash in with 13.75 qt of water at 162.3F for 75 mins sound right? I am doing a trial of beersmith-2 as well as my beersmith (original). Looks like I'm going to buy the new beersmith2... I like it better already!

I was also thinking I saw an addition of zest in this brew too... I might just add a few oz of orange zest to the last 3 mins or so and press the orange and add that to the second fermenter...

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for the help... This will be my first All Grain brew. I went from extract to parshall to now, I think I'm making the final step. :tank:

Back