AG - La Tour Rouge( The Red Tower)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landhoney

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
WLP500&WLP400&Wyeast Roeselare
Yeast Starter
Yes(wlp500&400)
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
No(Roeselare)
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
~1.088
Final Gravity
~1.010-1.020
Boiling Time (Minutes)
90&60 respectfulle
IBU
~25
Color
Deep Red/Brown
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7-14 @ 64-70F
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
~1 month @64-70F
Additional Fermentation
~ 6 -12 months
3 gallon Batch:

9.00 lbs. Pilsener
.60 lbs. Aromatic Malt
1.80 lbs. Munich Malt
.60 lbs. CaraMunich Malt
.60 lbs. Special B Malt
0.30 lbs. Wheat Malt
0.30 lbs. CaraFoam Malt
.75 lbs. Cane Sugar

1.2oz Hallertau @60 minutes(~30IBU)

Single Infusion @ 153 for 60 minutes.

Ferment with wlp500.

2 gallon Batch:

1.5lbs. Wheat Malt
1.5lbs. Pils Malt
.5lbs Munich Malt
.5lbs Flaked Oats( covered with water & boiled for 10 minutes and added to mash)
8-10lbs. Raspberries( frozen, thawed, food proccesed and strained to remove seeds, added after primary fermentation has and wild yeast have been added)
.5-1oz oak cubes added throughout

.5oz Hallertau @ 60 minutes(~20IBU).

Single Infusion @ 150 for 60minutes.
Primary Ferment with WLP400(or other Belgian Ale) & secondary with Wyeast Roeselare Blend or o/Lambic Blend.

Once 2 gallon batch is ~6-12 months old and reached a gravity below 1.010 and stable, rack off fruit and blend with finished 3 gallon batch and allow to sit ~1-2months until blended gravity does not change for 3-4 weeks. Add ~1/2 packet of clean fermenting ale yeast at bottling and priming sugar for high carbonation level.

Glibbidy said:
Go with lanterne rouge!
nice looking beer BTW, how come you didn't send me any of this?:cool:

Just bottled it a few weeks ago, sorry. I thought tour was tower, no?

BTW, I did my best with the recipe. I wasn't intending to blend these two beers, but when I did it turned out so great I wanted to share the recipe. Esentially you just need to blend 3gallons Belgian Strong Dark Ale with 2 gallons of EXTREMELY sour raspberry plambic and make sure you don't get bottle bombs because you bottled before reaching terminal gravity.

This beer sounds great!! I may invest in a oak barrel to age the beer in. Would you age the blended beer in oak or would you age each beer seperately in oak and then blend? Any thoughts?

I'm reading Wild Brews right now and I'm really interested in brewing this ber.

Richie

All I know is that A) I'm a huge belgian sour fan, so B) you had better bring me some of your infected fermenteds on saturday!

3 gallon Batch:

9.00 lbs. Pilsener
.60 lbs. Aromatic Malt
1.80 lbs. Munich Malt
.60 lbs. CaraMunich Malt
.60 lbs. Special B Malt
0.30 lbs. Wheat Malt
0.30 lbs. CaraFoam Malt
.75 lbs. Cane Sugar

1.2oz Hallertau @60 minutes(~30IBU)

Single Infusion @ 153 for 60 minutes.

Ferment with wlp500.

2 gallon Batch:

1.5lbs. Wheat Malt
1.5lbs. Pils Malt
.5lbs Munich Malt
.5lbs Flaked Oats( covered with water & boiled for 10 minutes and added to mash)
8-10lbs. Raspberries( frozen, thawed, food proccesed and strained to remove seeds, added after primary fermentation has and wild yeast have been added)
.5-1oz oak cubes added throughout

.5oz Hallertau @ 60 minutes(~20IBU).

Single Infusion @ 150 for 60minutes.
Primary Ferment with WLP400(or other Belgian Ale) & secondary with Wyeast Roeselare Blend or o/Lambic Blend.

Once 2 gallon batch is ~6-12 months old and reached a gravity below 1.010 and stable, rack off fruit and blend with finished 3 gallon batch and allow to sit ~1-2months until blended gravity does not change for 3-4 weeks. Add ~1/2 packet of clean fermenting ale yeast at bottling and priming sugar for high carbonation level.

Wow, this sounds great. I will definitely give this one a try!

Back