AG - Extract Taste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbohanon

Reaction score
I am on my 4th batch of AG coming from doing alot of extract batches(started with ye olde Mr Beer and graduated up through the ranks)...I have noticed from my tasting on extracts vs AG that I seem to notice that the extracts have a bit of an odder taste(a slight "twang" to them) than AG does after the same amount of time in the bucket and bottles brew cycle-wise.

It seems to go away on the extracts if I leave the beer in the bottles longer(another 2-3 weeks in the bottle seems to temper that "twang"), but the AG does not have that "twang" at all which I find interesting. It was not until I went to mixing in AG batches with my extract batches that I even noticed this at all.
Its almost got me to where I only do extracts because of this if I don't have the time to brew an all-grain and the pipeline is diminishing severely.

Anyone else noticed this and what it might be?

Back