AG Brew Time - How Long

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plankton

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to home brewing. I have brewed 3 partial mash and 2 AG batches. I recently built (in the last two weeks) an all grain 2 tier brew stand. I am having a good time brewing beer.

Here is my question: How long does it take for you guys to brew/clean-up. My first batch was 8 hours (no clean-up-too tired). My second batch was 6 hours. I did clean up as part of the 6 hour brew day. So I did gain some efficiencies over my first batch. It may had to do with me not having so many drinks during the process though. LOL.

thanks for your info.

Cheers!

Including setup and clean up, I'm usually in the 5-6 hour range. This includes getting everything out, setup, materials put out in order, entire brew process, clean up, and putting everything away.

Including setup and clean up, I'm usually in the 5-6 hour range. This includes getting everything out, setup, materials put out in order, entire brew process, clean up, and putting everything away.

My timing falls right in that range as well

Depends what I'm doing. Usually, it's 4.5 hours. I'm planning a brew with a 90 minute mash and 90 minute boil instead of the usual 60, so I'm figuging 5.5 hours for that one.

My 5-gallons take 5 hours on the stovetop- much of that is waiting for the wort to boil. Takes about an hour or 45 minutes just to reach a boil. Heating strike or sparge water is about a half hour each, but these both overlap with something else. While strike heats I crush grain. While sparges heat the mash is mashing. Anyway, 5 hours or so all-inclusive for 5 gallons, and 4 hours for 3 gallons. Maybe a little less for 3 gallons. Kyle

buddy and I did 2 5 gallon batches one day. Started at 9:30, went until 4. Would've been quicker had I swtiched the order around and done the one with the 90-minute mash last, but no worries. It was a great day.

Somewhere between 4 and 6 hours, but who's counting?...It's 4-6 hours of pure bliss....

I can brew 1-13 gallon batch and 1-6 gallon batch, simultaneously, in 5-7 hours. Adding in the 2nd batch nets me more wort/beer for nearly the same time investment at the loss of relaxation. I am pretty much always doing something when I brew this way. FWIW I am happy to brew this way.

Back