Aftertaste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yashicamat

Reaction score
Just tried my latest brew which has just about finished in the primary:

(Mixture of pale LME and DME with 1lb 60L crystal steeped and using challenger and cascade hops with Wyeast Brit Ale II.)

The aroma is absolutely fantastic, the flavour and mouthfeel spot on too (even at this early stage and despite being cloudy, no yeasty taste either). Pretty rapidly the flavour vanishes though once the beer is swallowed.

I have 7 lbs of pale 2 row ready for a partial mash this weekend - would this be the magic ingredient for creating a better aftertaste? Or is it more of an age-developed thing that will appear with time?

My beer making advancements are progressing faster than my beer is being made, so each brew is a step ahead! I'm just trying to fathom out the next step.:)

We're stumped LOL

Or I am at least.

Aftertaste is weird. I tried a beer that was OK but the aftertaste kept me coming back for more. Take a gulp, hmmm OK, not great, swallow, wait 5 seconds - WOW - that's great.

Yeah, although my problem is more an absence of an aftertaste at all though. Be interesting to see if my latest brew which incorporates a lot more grains will be any different.

Back