After 18 yrs of not brewing........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicotineRush

Reaction score
......I got back into it. Spent HUNDREDS of dollars so I can brew both extract and AG. Brewed several extract batches and they are in the kegs now and ready to drink.

Tasted great out of the pot.
Tasted great out of the primary.
Tasted great out of the secondary.

Only one minor problem,

I FORGOT TO BUY ONE THING! A GD TAP!!! LMFAO!

So here I sit with what should be 2 great brews and no way to drink until the taps come from Keg Connection!

Ouch!

Hell, just release the pressure, crack open to lid and pour some into a dog bowl. Just make sure your pooch knows he has to share.

First, Welcome back to the brewing.

I was an all grain brewer for years. I just got back into it 3 or 4 weeks ago after 10 year absence. Holy cow did it ever feel good. I still had my brewery, it performed the same as it did before. I made a few beginner mistakes on the first batch, but by the second batch (Oatmeal Stout), I nailed it pretty good.

I'll loan you a tap for a small fee (glass of brew)

Next is an ESB! Marris Otter, East Kent Goldings.... MMmmmm

David :)

three simple words, Local Brew Store. Nuff said
If i had beer ready and nothing already on tap i would go crazy. I would honestly open my keg and probably pour it into a growler, haha!
If you really want to drink. Go to your local hardware store and buy this, two 1/4in barbed to 3/8 MIP, one 3/8 MIP ball valve (brass or SS of course), and hose if you need it. ball valve=tap, barbed fittings = spout and hose connection. should be good! Seriously, leave now before they close! it should only cost you like 5-10 bucks. let me know if you do this, haha

If you were in my area i would say swing on over and i would lend you a tap, gotta love spare parts!

I have to bottle everything and sit for another 3 weeks after secondary. Talk about going crazy. Especially when the pipeline is getting low.

Hey, I still let my kegs age. I let the pipline get a little low once and I had just kegged a beer, went to the fridge where I keep a few extra bottles, yea nothing. I drank the green beer, no worries it was ok, just not great, and not carbed (I let it carb for a week, 12 psi). :drunk:

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to brewing. What have you brewed? Glad to have you around! :mug:

Thanks! Brewed an Irish Ale and an IPA. I have the ingredients for a Centennial Blonde AG ready to go, but haven't had the time. Biz is booming.

Have a case of Nukie Browns in the refer that are helping pass the time. Speaking of refrigerators, I need another one! MORE $$$$$

Back