Aerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duskb

Reaction score
I bought this aerator stone pump about a year ago and it's done pretty well by me. Recently I noticed a bit of moisture had accumulated inside the clear output tube feeding into the filter and the moisture contained trace amounts of mold. To be safe I wanted to order a new filter for it but the only one I'm finding on Amazon someone claims is not sanitary. Rather than take a chance or reinvent the wheel do any of you have any suggestions?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OC8DCQU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
When I used those "sterile" HEPA filters I stored them loosely wrapped in a piece of aluminum foil, not tightly wrapped. Air could still get to it. I guess you could aim a hairdryer at it to speed up the drying process, without melting the plastic housing.

I always draped the hoses over the corner of a metal storage rack to dry. I also cleaned and Starsaned the tubing every few months, again, allowed to dry the same way.

Lesson learned, never put damp things away. Allow them to dry first.

Back