advice on keezer components.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jah

Reaction score
I am collecting parts to build my keezer and was hoping for some input. I will be running three 5 gallon corny kegs. What is the best system to do so. I have found some complete kits on keg connection for around $300. Will this be sufficient to get up and running or is there a better way to do it? here is a pic of the setup from keg connection for $279.
kegkit.jpg

and here is one i found on homebrew.com for$210. the regulator looks cheaper to me.
cornelius_ball_draft_system_3_keg.jpg

Hmm..I will curious myself..I just bought a 9 Cubic foot chest freezer on craigs list for 125$
4..3 years old:ban: cant beat that..I already have the temp controller, so I plan on doing a few lagers while I am all set up and than work on the keezer..Keg Connection seems like a good deal.

Jay

I would not buy one of those "kits", but that's just me.
First look around and figure out where you will be getting your gas from. Those kits will not come full. Where I get my gas I just drop off the empty tank and they hand me a full one for like $15-20 (not sure, it's been about 6 months since I have had to do it).
I can get the kegs with all new seals for $26 each at my LHBS.
The hoses and taps with disconects are about $25 - 40 depending on how long the hoses you want. My tap lines are 10 feet so that I can surve at carbing pressures.
I bought a mainfold for the gass lines at my LHBS but could have built one from the HD a little cheaper.

If you do it right you could have the 3 keg set up in the first pic (only better) for the price of the 2nd one.

Back