Advice on Erlenmeyer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillhousesawdustco

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Was cleaning my 2L Erlenmeyer flask today...and managed to tap it just hard enough against a keggle to smash out one side. Crap.

Anyone have a line on good deals for 1L, 2L, and 4L flasks? If I can get a good deal I figure I might as well get them all.

(postscript intended to focus convo on flask deals, not the relative merits of growlers, milk jugs, pepsi bottles, etc)

I got mine from eNasco with some 4 dram vials for yeast banking and some beakers. They are pretty reasonable and are Kimax flasks as opposed to nameless.

http://www.homebrewfinds.com/

That site features the latest good deals on home brew related items every day. E-flasks are often featured; the prices go up and down on Amazon all the time. But its a fun site to bookmark and check out on a regular basis.

I really prefer the ones made by pyrex to the cheaper karter scientific ones. They cost a little more, but I think they are worth it for the quality:

Thicker lip, and a flatter base (stir bars don't kick as easily, and it hearts a lot nicer on my glass stove top... No steam trapped in the concave underneath)

The 1L is definitely worth the extra 4 dollars or something, the 2L is almost double the price though... so that's a tougher decision.

I get all my glassware through Amazon, but thanks for those other sites, I'm going to check them out after work (aka spend money playing nerd).

Fwiw, the one i bought from the link above, did great. Direct heat with no problem and no issues located the stir bar once on the plate. That was the issue inwas having with my 1 gal jug i was using for starters. The concave bottom made the bar hard to catch and it would throw the bar often as well. Im very happy with my $19.90 including shipping!

Back