Advice on a modified Coopers IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calimainer

Reaction score
I recipe would be as follows:
Coopers IPA
2 lb amber LME
1 lb pale DME
0.5 oz Cascade at 30 min
1.5 oz Cascade dry hop in secondary for last week before bottling

The Coopers IPA has alcohol content of roughly 4.5%, with the additions this IPA should be 7.67% ABV, which is more suitable to compliment the hoppiness of an IPA. The Cascade will add bitterness in the boil and bit more aroma in the dry hopping.

How does this look? Is Cascade the right choice and is dry hopping a good idea or will it overpower the bitterness? I've read dry hopping imparts flavors on the beer, but not as much bitterness.
All tips would be helpful, thanks

My general impression is that the recipe looks good.
FYI: include the batch size and the yeast type in your recipes.
About dry hopping: totally suitable for an IPA. Yes, Cascade is a good choice for an IPA.
If you'd like to get an extract recipe for an IPA instead of using the Coopers' can, lots of folks on the net would help out.

I just use a 3lb bag of Munton's plain light DME. I get a nice amber orange color. And that biscuity caramel flavors in the malt. But the flavor will be better with a 20 minute addition & the dry hop. 30 minutes will give some bittering,but at the expense of a lot of the flavor.
It's a British style IPA to start with,having more bittering than American style hop bombs. They are both IPA's,but different beers.
And I've made an IPA out of cooper's cans,but not the IPA one. I used the OS draught can with 3lb of Munton's plain light DME & 6oz of hops,3 varieties.

Back