Advice needed on regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noisy123

Reaction score
I have a broken high pressure gauge on one of these:
342.jpg

and I need to buy another regulator. I plan on using the one with broken gauge above as a rootbeer regulator and one of these:
642-2.jpg

for my beer. What parts to I need do hook these together? Just a nipple? (giggle)

Thanks much for the help.

What part of it broke?

(there very well might be an adapter but im unaware of one)

Just the gauge, it can be replaced. I figured I'd just save the dough and upgrade the primary.

What gauge? A lot of people do a delete for the volume gauge.

If you want 2 lines take out the single output and replace it with a Y LINK then buy some of these LINK and add a second regulator.

I have some of that stuff left over from my build if you are interested :)

take the high pressure gauge out of the broken one, and the gas in nut and nipple off of the other one. put them together with a high pressure 1/4 to 1/4 piece of brass(MAKE SURE ITS RATED HIGH PRESSURE, UP TO 3000 psi

take the high pressure gauge out of the broken one, and the gas in nut and nipple off of the other one. put them together with a high pressure 1/4 to 1/4 piece of brass(MAKE SURE ITS RATED HIGH PRESSURE, UP TO 3000 psi

this?
They don't give a pressure rating.

Same link I was going to give eyou after reading this post- should work just fine for you!

Awesome. Thanks all.
BTW RC, I am adding the second regulator for rootbeer at 35 psi so the Y-split isn't an option. The regulator I am looking at has one attached (and looks very shiny).

that connection should be fine, just be careful when you take the regs apart, some of the micromatic regulators are left handed thread.

Awesome. Thanks all.
BTW RC, I am adding the second regulator for rootbeer at 35 psi so the Y-split isn't an option. The regulator I am looking at has one attached (and looks very shiny).
Ya it is. Thats how my setup is run. I have a Y and a second regulator with a Y so I can push 3 beers at 2 pressures :mug:

Regulator 1 with a Y the Y goes to 1 keg and the other branch goes to a second regulator when it drops the pressure and Y's to 2 other kegs.

Ya it is. Thats how my setup is run. I have a Y and a second regulator with a Y so I can push 3 beers at 2 pressures :mug:

Regulator 1 with a Y the Y goes to 1 keg and the other branch goes to a second regulator when it drops the pressure and Y's to 2 other kegs.

Sweet. I just moved to kegging. I have never missed bottles less. I now have to avoid the temptation to move my beer for consumption too early rather than just avoiding "bottling day."

that connection should be fine, just be careful when you take the regs apart, some of the micromatic regulators are left handed thread.

Definitely be careful. My regs are left hand threaded for the high pressure ports (in from CO2 bottle and tank pressure guage), and right hand threaded for the low pressure ports (output to the keg and the output PSI guage). You might need a left handed connector.

Definitely be careful. My regs are left hand threaded for the high pressure ports (in from CO2 bottle and tank pressure guage), and right hand threaded for the low pressure ports (output to the keg and the output PSI guage). You might need a left handed connector.

You are right about the micromatic one I posted. The premium regulator has left-hand threading as you describe. I need to verify the same conditions on my current regulator.

Your current regulator, if the same as pictured, is a Cornelius PL-60. It has left-hand threads on the high pressure ports. You can verify this as it's stamped on the back of the regulator body, near the ports themselves.

Silly question, but do they make left-hand threaded nipples? :p

I know the place where I get my CO2 filled would have something like this but they are in Chicago.

That's what I did:

Regulators.jpg

You can pick up one of those nipples from a hardware store or Lowes. They will be with the air compressor stuff. I got mine for under $1.00.

Back