advice for adding fruit flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidamerica

Reaction score
Typically, I never use fruit but my wife asked me to do so on this batch. I wanted to know how much of a 5oz bottle of raspberry extract should I use when adding to my bottling bucket when I mix it with the beer from my fermenter. The guy at the store said it’s all according to taste. I don’t want an overbearing flavor of raspberry so would half a bottle be ok?

:mug:

Thanks

dave

Take it easy on that stuff, and let it age cofore you drink it. I would say add about half and adjust from there on the next time you brew it.

Don't fruit the beer!

If the guy at the store said its to taste just add a bit to your bottling bucket, rack on top of it, taste, adjust if necessary. Most extracts from NB say use 4oz per 5 gal or to taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I made AHS Chocolate Raspberry Stout, I used the entire 2 ounce bottle that was provided in the kit. Fort the first month or so after kegging it had a kick you in the teeth Raspberry flavor. I let it sit for 6 weeks or so to let it mellow and it was fantastic. If I did it again, I'd probably got with an ounce for 5 gallons.

Well I made a Raspberry Wheat back in Oct, I added 5oz. when I racked over to my secondary, bottled in Jan and was fantastic. I guess it just comes down to individual likes and dislikes.

Back