Adverse Yaw Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evandam

Reaction score
Ok, I got the name. Adverse Yaw Brewery. Combines two of my favorite things, flying and beer. Never at the same time of course, 8 hours bottle to throttle. Now I just need a graphic. Anyone have any ideas? Obviously something with a plane. The possibilities seem good for something cool here.

FYI Adverse Yaw is the tendency of an airplane to yaw to the opposite direction of a turn. Requiring rudder input to counteract it.

Man, I almost remember what adverse yaw is... yaw damp has really made me forget alot of stick and rudder terminology! There are quite a few pilots in here, some private, some of us commercial... nice brewery name!

Adverse yaw is the tendency of the outboard wing, which creates more lift and has a higher angle of attack in a turn, to also create more drag, causing this "adverse" yaw in the opposite direction. OMG... I cannot believe that I remembered that. Now, we could go into swept wings and mach tuck.... errrr

Nice name! You coulda gone with P-Factor Brewery, too, or something like that!

GAWD I miss flying, but it's so damned expensive especially with fuel prices going through the ozone layer...........

First Cut, What do you think?

Adverse%20Yaw.jpg

I like that one, Sea planes sure have a lot of yaw too! Try flying a beaver for a season, you end up with one leg a lot larger than the other because of all the yaw!

looks good!!

Wing nut

OK added a little color, can't decide if I like the simple BW or the one with color.

Adverse%20Yaw%20small.jpg

OR

Adverse%20Yaw%20small%20with%20sun.jpg

I think I like the Black and White one. What say you?

I like the color one... but I am color blind, sooooo, is it really in color?

I like that one, Sea planes sure have a lot of yaw too! Try flying a beaver for a season, you end up with one leg a lot larger than the other because of all the yaw!

looks good!!

Wing nut

Or a banner tower! I always immediately think of a taildragger when I hear the term adverse yaw--probably from towing banners.:D

Big fan of the black and white. It could be dropped into any label color/scheme. Nice work.

Back