Adventures in Homebrewing (aka Homebrewing.org)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To add to the above... I thought a package got lost in shipping because the website only showed one tracking number for 3 packages and I had received the one attached to that number. I emailed AIH and they got back to me in less than 10 minutes with an apology and the additional tracking numbers.

Kudos to them for turning a frustrating experience with their website into an excellent customer service experience!

I do think AIH is going thru recent shipping pains. Apparently, they now use Amazon shipping. As we all know Amazon shipping = whomever we can find.

I do give AIH credit for making things right, without quibble, when things arrive damaged.

AIH has been fantastic, even through the shipping problems the virus has been. The products, prices and availability is top notch.

I love AIH, I use them almost exclusively they have great customer service and have speedy delivery.

I do think AIH is going thru recent shipping pains. Apparently, they now use Amazon shipping. As we all know Amazon shipping = whomever we can find.

Fairly recently (fall?) they sold their dedicated warehouse and started using the Ann Arbor store as the warehouse. Its a huge store for a homebrew shop and they swapped out a lot of the low retail shelving for taller racks so it works. Also seems like they've better integrated inventory for AIH and Austin Homebrew Supply which they also own. I'm sure that's caused some relearning and adjustments to their processes.

I bought 3 kegs and a co2 tank off of them in the last month. Fast and quick shipping. New 5 gallon ball locks for only $75 a piece. A++

I've been buying from them since 2006 (before they had an internet business). They're awesome. I've since moved across state and still buy from them. I've had a few issues with orders over the years, which they've always corrected ASAP

I placed an order with them Monday mid afternoon. I received an email today mid afternoon that said the order was processed and waiting for UPS. I'll update when I get it.

I have order 2 kegs from them, got them in no time flat, and packaged well. Since they have their octoberfest kits on sale, I figured I would give them a try, I cant lager right now, so will be doing them as ale. I know it’s hot out side, but thought I would take a chance and went with German ale yeast(wyeast can’t remember which one) I will say, not pleased with the packaging of my yeast. I order an ice pack to go with it, instead, it went yeast, then hops then ice pack. The grains were packed well. Double bagged.
Was going to check my order to get the wyeast I got, however... their site is no longer there..... Wonder if they forgot to pay their bill?

I placed an order with them Monday mid afternoon. I received an email today mid afternoon that said the order was processed and waiting for UPS. I'll update when I get it.
Checking this morning I see that UPS has picked up my order and expected delivery is 8/4.
Looks like it's coming from Texas.

I've placed a couple orders with them this year. Like many others, they got a little slower during Covid, but NOT compared to some.

I like their creative use of shipping material? My last shipment was in an unmarked moving box, complete with the boxes for Bedroom, Living Room, etc.

Checking this morning I see that UPS has picked up my order and expected delivery is 8/4.
Looks like it's coming from Texas.
According to ups my order arrived in Eureka this morning a little after seven, so right on schedule to be delivered tomorrow.

Wondering if anybody has ordered from them lately. I had to recently re-register my account, which seemed kinda weird but whatever. Looks like they got rid of their Reward Program.

and..an order I submitted back on the 31st is still sitting as Unfulfilled. Just sent them an email asking for an update, but they've never taken this long.

I’m sure someone more in the know will reply but I heard from a friend in Ann Arbor that they were recently sold and they fired everyone who worked at stores in Taylor and Ann Arbor on short notice. Every thing is now being routed through some place in another state (i thought they said MN)? He too had placed an order recently which was now delayed.

@Knightshade

I’m sure someone more in the know will reply but I heard from a friend in Ann Arbor that they were recently sold and they fired everyone who worked at stores in Taylor and Ann Arbor on short notice. Every thing is now being routed through some place in another state (i thought they said MN)? He too had placed an order recently which was now delayed.

@Knightshade

Interesting. Maybe they're piggybacking their distribution through MW/NB?

Yes. Apparently the Michigan stores are closed permanently. Bummer. I used to live near the Taylor store and would frequent their store around 2005. I don’t think they had been open very long when i started going. I’d go in there and have conversations with the owners.

The points are available but you have to contact them, this was literally just a few mins ago.

Attachments

• 67A2E4AD-7485-4940-B5DA-3E353037B3BD.png
    67A2E4AD-7485-4940-B5DA-3E353037B3BD.png
    398 KB · Views: 46
My AIH order was placed on 3-22 with card charged the same day. Order remains unfilled as of today. I called last week and was told orders placed prior to April 1st were being reassigned to a different warehouse. It was expected those orders should start shipping this week. So now it’s Thursday and mine is still sitting. They also said orders placed April 1 and later were shipping normally. For what it’s worth, I’ve had good success and fast shipments with AIH in the past.

I was always happy with them they have been my go to for at least 5 years now, it would be nice if they released some sort of statement as to what happened and how they are handling things now and may what we can expect going forward. Clearly whatever happened happened fast and possibly unexpectedly and I get it but then say something about what we can expect as consumers.

Wondering if anybody has ordered from them lately. I had to recently re-register my account, which seemed kinda weird but whatever.
Their website is the problem. I'd give it a C/D+ from what I've experienced. It's glitchy to be nice about it. But once you get the order in, it's a good place to shop.

I think if they focused on inventory and kept their site in present time, a lot of the disappointment could be averted.

To amend my above comments, maybe I don't know the full picture now about AIHB.
Hope they can bounce back.

To amend my above comments, maybe I don't know the full picture now about AIHB.
Hope they can bounce back.
They won't.
They were bought by Northern Brewer, which is owned by Blackstreet Capital Holdings. They will probably maintain their online presence, but they will be in lock step with Midwest Supplies as the highest priced places to buy supplies except for Northern Brewer itself. I recently (Mar. 25th) priced 3# of Briess Light DME:
Norther Brewer $20.99
Midwest Supply $17.99
Adventures in Homebrewing $17.99
Austin Homebrew Supply $17.99
Atlantic Brew Supply $11.99
Label Peelers $10.92
Rite Brew $10.09
Find a new place now!

BTW, this is discussed on "Did Northern Brewer Purchase Austin Homebrew Supply AND/OR Adventuresin Homebrewing?" in the General Homebrew Discussion Forum.

Last edited:
Back