Adventures in Homebrewing (aha Homebrewing.org)

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Jmspears

Reaction score
To add to the above... I thought a package got lost in shipping because the website only showed one tracking number for 3 packages and I had received the one attached to that number. I emailed AIH and they got back to me in less than 10 minutes with an apology and the additional tracking numbers.

Kudos to them for turning a frustrating experience with their website into an excellent customer service experience!

OP
Tobor_8thMan

Tobor_8thMan

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I do think AIH is going thru recent shipping pains. Apparently, they now use Amazon shipping. As we all know Amazon shipping = whomever we can find.

I do give AIH credit for making things right, without quibble, when things arrive damaged.

cmsro911

Reaction score
AIH has been fantastic, even through the shipping problems the virus has been. The products, prices and availability is top notch.

matt_m

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I do think AIH is going thru recent shipping pains. Apparently, they now use Amazon shipping. As we all know Amazon shipping = whomever we can find.
Fairly recently (fall?) they sold their dedicated warehouse and started using the Ann Arbor store as the warehouse. Its a huge store for a homebrew shop and they swapped out a lot of the low retail shelving for taller racks so it works. Also seems like they've better integrated inventory for AIH and Austin Homebrew Supply which they also own. I'm sure that's caused some relearning and adjustments to their processes.

GreenBastardBrewing

Reaction score
I bought 3 kegs and a co2 tank off of them in the last month. Fast and quick shipping. New 5 gallon ball locks for only $75 a piece. A++

fun4stuff

Reaction score
I've been buying from them since 2006 (before they had an internet business). They're awesome. I've since moved across state and still buy from them. I've had a few issues with orders over the years, which they've always corrected ASAP

Steveruch

Reaction score
I placed an order with them Monday mid afternoon. I received an email today mid afternoon that said the order was processed and waiting for UPS. I'll update when I get it.

Redpappy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have order 2 kegs from them, got them in no time flat, and packaged well. Since they have their octoberfest kits on sale, I figured I would give them a try, I cant lager right now, so will be doing them as ale. I know it’s hot out side, but thought I would take a chance and went with German ale yeast(wyeast can’t remember which one) I will say, not pleased with the packaging of my yeast. I order an ice pack to go with it, instead, it went yeast, then hops then ice pack. The grains were packed well. Double bagged.
Was going to check my order to get the wyeast I got, however... their site is no longer there..... Wonder if they forgot to pay their bill?

Sammy86

Still thirsty
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Love AIH! Using them for years!

Even made a thread about them:

Steveruch

Reaction score
I placed an order with them Monday mid afternoon. I received an email today mid afternoon that said the order was processed and waiting for UPS. I'll update when I get it.
Checking this morning I see that UPS has picked up my order and expected delivery is 8/4.
Looks like it's coming from Texas.

Knightshade

Which way is up again??
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've placed a couple orders with them this year. Like many others, they got a little slower during Covid, but NOT compared to some.

I like their creative use of shipping material? My last shipment was in an unmarked moving box, complete with the boxes for Bedroom, Living Room, etc.

Steveruch

Reaction score
Checking this morning I see that UPS has picked up my order and expected delivery is 8/4.
Looks like it's coming from Texas.
According to ups my order arrived in Eureka this morning a little after seven, so right on schedule to be delivered tomorrow.