ADHD Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHardWay

Reaction score
Hi all,
First up, I'm going to blame my techniques on ADHD. I don't follow recipes well, but I also don't want things to be too easy or formulaic.
I brewed many years ago using malt can kits, with increasingly poor results.
I have renewed my enthusiasm for brewing through the 'from scratch' approach, which is like going down a rabbit hole.
I found out what 'malting' actually is, and was blown away that I never knew this before. It's so rewarding. I'm waiting on some hops rhizomes in the mail now too, which is exciting

LOL. I am with you. I tend to rush things and get way ahead of myself. I am growing three types of hops, Cascade, Chinook and another that I cannot remember right now. The Chinook is taking off huge, the other two, not so much. My wife is the gardener, so she is working that part of the deal. Either way, good luck, and like was said to me often, slow down and take your time. Patience is a virtue. LOL. RR

LOL. I am with you. I tend to rush things and get way ahead of myself. I am growing three types of hops, Cascade, Chinook and another that I cannot remember right now. The Chinook is taking off huge, the other two, not so much. My wife is the gardener, so she is working that part of the deal. Either way, good luck, and like was said to me often, slow down and take your time. Patience is a virtue. LOL. RR
I have three rhizomes on their way in the mail right now. Cascade, Perle and Chinook. Could be we have the same ones :) Apparently hops is better suited more south of here, but because I'm in the hills I think its going to work nicely. Fingers crossed 🤞
My wife is only interested in torturing the indoor plants so these will be my babies. Lol

I have three rhizomes on their way in the mail right now. Cascade, Perle and Chinook. Could be we have the same ones :) Apparently hops is better suited more south of here, but because I'm in the hills I think its going to work nicely. Fingers crossed 🤞
My wife is only interested in torturing the indoor plants so these will be my babies. Lol
LOL. If I was doing the gardening it would all be cement. LOL.

Hahaha! Definitely not the intended direction.

What’s your next brew and how do you plan to avoid poor quality.
so far, keeping it interesting has improved the results dramatically. lol. The all grain brewing has been experimental, and not all have been big successes, but no complete failures either. Next up is going to be something similar to the good old Little Creatures Pale Ale.

Latest posts

Back