Additional yeast before bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLZBUh

Reaction score
Hey folks, want to thank you all for the wealth of info on here in my first post. Especially biermunchers bottle filling miracle!!

I brewed a Tripel that has been in the secondary for 3 months. I used the trappist ale yeast and gravity indicates its about a 9.5% brew. My question is, will I be OK with the usual bottling ritual or should I add more yeast along with the priming sugar. If new yeast is reccomended should I add a whole vial of the same yeast? Would a packet of nottingham suffice?

Thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated.

You should be fine bottling as is. I bottled a tripel that had been in the primary two month and it's carbed fine. For peace of mind, you could add a packet of nottingham yeast to the bottling bucket.

It will bottle condition just fine. It will take more then the usual "3 weeks" but your beer will be better for it as you should be hiding that stuff for at least another 6 months.

GT

How about 5 months? I have the same scenario but I made my tripel back in January. I was going to post the same questions, but I just want to make sure I'm good without extra yeast. Probably going to bottle and let it sit until the holidays - what the hell, I've waited this long!

Back