Quantcast

Additional Bottle Conditioning, After Kegging and BMBF'ing

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Not so much a question as an observation.

I've been kegging and force carbing for a long time. With every keg, I try and use the ole BMBF to fill a 6-pack, 12-pack or more (depending on how much I think I'll enjoy the beer later on).

I pulled few classics out of the brewshop this past weekend (68 degrees ambient) and chilled em for a couple days. They'd been sitting for anywhere from 1-3 months. Note that I bottled these beers at their peak of clarity.

Popped the top and the pour was perfect. Thick head. Lacy. Good effervescence. Exceptional carbonation.

In fact, it struck me that the carbonation was even better than I remember the earlier bottles being. Not over carbonated...just good carbonation. Rocky head...the tiniest bubbles..etc.

I did a quick bottle inspection and to my surprise, there was a very thin...very "stiff" yeast sediment in the bottle. It seems that storing bottles (bottled from the keg) at warmer (but still cool) room temps must reactivate some yeast activity and what little residual sugars remain continue to ferment.

Anyway...that's my random beer thought for the day. :D