Adding Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonTail

Reaction score
I have a batch of California Common that I am going to bottle today. The thing is, this should have been done about a month and a half ago. (Been REALLY busy) I was thinking of blooming about 1/4tsp of dry yeast and adding it to my bottling bucket, much the same way I do when I make naturally carbonated soda from extracts. With the soda, I add anywhere from 1/2 to 1tsp but my beer already has some yeast in it (of course). I just want to be sure. Anybody have any suggestions, comments, warnings, ect.?
Thanks,

Prime it and bottle it....you'll be fine. The only way you're going to lose a ton of suspended yeast is to filter your beer.

Thanks for the reply.
I already bottled it.
Just added 1/8tsp just to be sure.
This stuff won't last too long after it's ready, stocks getting a little low. :cross:
Thanks again.

DragonTail said:
Thanks for the reply.
I already bottled it.
Just added 1/8tsp just to be sure.
This stuff won't last too long after it's ready, stocks getting a little low. :cross:
Thanks again.

Funny you should mention California Common. I'd never even heard of it before, but at the HBS this morning, someone brought in a bottle and gave me a taste. It was hoppy, but not too bitter. A dry after-taste, but a malty taste to it. Very good.

California Common is actually "Steam".
Anchor owns the name though, so the "style" is refered to as California Common.
The short of it is lager yeast at ale temps.
Cheers

Back