Adding yeast nutrient to kt???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratrules

Reaction score
Has anybody ever added yeast nutrient to a batch of kombucha?? I wondering if it would help the fermentation any and will it benefit the health of the scoby? If anybody has any thoughts on the subject i would love to hear them!

If you add fuel to the yeast it may overwhelm the bacteria with alcohol and CO2. Both of which will slow and ultimately stop the bacteria from functioning. You'd end up with tea wine without proper balance.

Don't let that stop you from giving it a shot if you'd like to experiment! Make sure you report your findings though. I'd like to know as well.

If you add fuel to the yeast it may overwhelm the bacteria with alcohol and CO2. Both of which will slow and ultimately stop the bacteria from functioning. You'd end up with tea wine without proper balance.

Don't let that stop you from giving it a shot if you'd like to experiment! Make sure you report your findings though. I'd like to know as well.

You make a great point!! I wouldn't want to mess up the harmonious balance of yeast and bacteria that make kt possible lol. Maybe in the near future I will give it a shot. Since my scoby is only 3 weeks old and 1/2 thick and on its second batch. When it gets a little big ill give a shot with one of the babies.

Latest posts

Back