Adding whirlpool to Blichmann Top-tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLaffey

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I usually brew two batches on brew day so am thinking about adding a whirlpool vessel to my Blichmann top-tier in order to allow more overlap in the batches. I often do hop stands, so that's part of the timing factor.

Currently on the stand: HLT, cooler tun, BK, RIMS tube, pump, control box. Gravity flow from one vessel to next. The pump is only for mash temp control and I'd prefer not to add another pump.

I'm trying to decide on a new layout that includes a whirlpool vessel. Is there anyone that has done this -- 4 vessels on a top-tier? I'd like to see what others have done before I rebuild my brew stand.

If the batch size isn't overwhelming I expect if you can figure out where the weight is at each step of the over-lapping batches you should be able to position the four vessels around the mast to keep the works in balance.

If the first pump is used to recirculate the mash, adding a whirlpool vessel without adding another pump seems like it'd make over-lapping batches a lot more challenging to pull off.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back